Friday, June 23, 2006

Wayside!!!

Last year I worked on a straight to TV feature produced by Nickelodeon and Nelvana called "Wayside" based on the "Wayside School" books by Louis Sachar. My partner in crime Riccardo Durante directed the show, and I assistant directed and acted as posing and character design supervisor. YES posing...in North America!!!! I will tell you right now, there is nothing easier than posing a 'board that was 'boarded by Nick Cross and Warren Leonhardt.
Recently "Wayside" was picked up as an animated series and is being directed by Riccardo and he has got himself quite a crew together...not only have Warren and Nick come along to 'board, but add the likes of Jamie "Hobo divine" Mason as assistant director, Ian Hastings (our art director for Gruesomestein's Monsters) as art director, and Andrew Wolf and Dermot Walshe as layout/BG artists and this show is going to kick some serious ass!!!
Here are just a few scenes that I posed. I will post more in the fuuuuttuuuurre....






19 comments:

Ryan Bullard said...

This is a great blog, Burn Out Cat is awesome!

Jared Deal said...

this show looks great! i remember seeing layouts from it a while back. glad to hear it got picked up!

paublo said...

you're too f#*ing good man..i can't tell if it inspires me or makes me want to quit! sounds like a deadly team..

Schmiddy said...

your drawings are like watching a great movie with a hot babe. Not only was the movie great, but you can't wait for what's gonna happen later!! You know what I'm talking about!

onemanpunkband said...

these drawings are amazing Mark! looks like a great show.

Unknown said...

Come back to Wayside!

Mark Ackland said...

thanks guys...

It was a blast to work on. I'll tell you what happens later Schmiddy...cold shower and J.O.C.

Chris Battle said...

Congrats, dude!

MikeS said...

Exactly what Paul said! These are fantastic Mr. Ackland. Yup, I love em!

g-fifty said...

so damn sweet!

Enzo Avolio said...

Looks like a blast!
Nice blog.

ALBERT PARDO said...

---THESE LOOK GREAT MARK, SURE THERE WILL BE MORE TO COME, CONGRATS...

---OH YEAH, THAT BURNOUT CAT KIX ASS...

the doodlers said...

What a way to start the weekend. Looking at Mark's funny drawings. Thanks!~Arna

Tyler said...

Oh dang those are fantastic! Looks like a sweet show. love the designs.

warren said...

Shit, now my cover's blown. Thanks a lot.

COME BACK TO THE SHOW!

Trying to draw like you is bustin' my hand.

Unknown said...

These drawings are great!! beautiful awesome stuffs!

SteveLambe said...

So good. Can I borrow a cup of talent?

Troy Little said...

Crap, these are great!
So nice to see DRAWING again in animation.

Michelle said...

Hey Mark, I'm posing on Wayside now. You're darwings are such an inspiration!! Thanks! Not sure if posing will keep going after January though, but I sure hope so.